Monday 19 September 2011

Nazism & Christianity.


I take the Bible, and all evening long I read the simplest and greatest sermon that has ever been given to mankind: The Sermon on the Mount! 'Blessed are they who suffer persecution for the sake of justice, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven'!
-- Joseph Goebbels
When today a clique accuses us of having anti-Christian opinions, I believe that the first Christian, Christ himself, would discover more of his teaching in our actions than in this theological hair-splitting.
-- Joseph Goebbels
I swear before God this holy oath, that I shall give absolute confidence to the Fuehrer of the German Reich and people.
-- Heinrich Himmler, reminding his hearers about the oath taken by all SS men as well as by the military forces
An early member of the Nazi party and one of its principle leaders, [Hermann] Göring founded the Gestapo and served as the Reichsluftfahrtminister of the Luftwaffe.
With the Catholic Church the Führer ordered a concordat to be concluded by Herr Von Papen. Shortly before that agreement was concluded by Herr Von Papen I visited the Pope myself. I had numerous connections with the higher Catholic clergy because of my Catholic mother, and thus-- I am myself a Protestant-- I had a view of both camps.
-- Hermann Göring (Trial of The Major War Criminals Before the International Military Tribunal, Nuremberg, 1945, Vol.9)
God gave the savior to the German people. We have faith, deep and unshakeable faith, that he [Hitler] was sent to us by God to save Germany.
-- Hermann Göring
No matter what human beings do I shall some day stand before the judgement seat of the Eternal. I shall answer to Him, and I know he will judge me innocent.
-- Rudolf Hess, in a statement to the Nuremberg Tribunal
Erich Koch ... functioned as President of the East Prussian Protestant Church Synod when the Third Reich began. He founded his own regional variation of the German Christians (Deutsche Christen) party.
We commit ourselves, and we demand this commitment not only from the elected representatives of the church, but above all from all Protestant men and women, to service in our communities! We want to serve: through tireless recruitment to our worship; through chivalrous intervention for the poor and needy, through defence of our faith;... through true Evangelical witness in public.
-- Erich Koch
The Protestant League stands very close to the NSDAP. It is consciously German and, through moral and religious power, wants to contribute to the building up of the German people.
-- Hans Schemm
It is henceforth the goal of the Education Ministry that every child in Bavarian schools shall be made familiar with the principles of the Christian and national state.... Religious instruction is nothing other than service to the soul of children. Faith in God and the personality of the teacher must be expressed in a realistic instruction filled with religious sincerity.
-- Hans Schemm
May God save Germany!
-- Joachim Ribbentrop, [fanatical Nazi and anti-Semite] his last words before his hanging
Now it goes to God!
-- Julius Streicher, as he mounted the gallows platform to his death

No comments:

Post a Comment